We at BoatAssist™ take our responsibilities under Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”) seriously.
1). Your Personal Data
Examples of Personal Data that you may provide to us includes (depending on the nature of your interaction with us):
- Your name, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you;
- Information about your usage of and interaction with our website and/or services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views, and traffic to and from our website.
- Information about your payment or withdrawal method, billing address, invoice address and other necessary information.
2). Collection of Personal Data
Generally, BoatAssist™ collects your Personal Data in the following ways:
- When you visit our site
- When you subscribe to any services of BoatAssist™ website
- When you post any offer or request any service, or interact with any service offered by the service provider
- When you register for or use any of our services on our website
- When you use your social media profile forautomatic registration
- When you use the job search or services search functionality of our website
- When you communicate or contact with another user ,e.g. a client or a service provider
- When you make any payment or add any payment or withdrawal methods
- When you interact with our live chat operators
- When you use some of our services, e.g. Ask a BoatAssist™ Adviser
- When you establish any online accounts with us, e.g. payment accounts
- When you request that we contact you
- When you respond to our promotions and other initiatives
- When we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of spouse, children, parents, employees and/or authorised representatives), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to you,to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
3). Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Generally, BoatAssist™ collects uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To process your application for Registration, Membership Subscriptions and Technical Services
- To maintain your account with us
- To maintain a record of the service or offer you view, or an offer you made on our site and to inform you of relevant services or offersthat may be of interest to you
- To verify and process your personal particulars and payments in relation to provision of Membership Subscriptions and Technical Services
- To provide you with the goods and services which you have signed up for, such as events, consultation and any other services
- Responding to requests and enquiries
- Providing any services, products and benefits to you
- Sending you details of products, services, special offers and discounts, which may be of interest to you
- If you have provided your Singapore telephone number(s), BoatAssist™ may contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including voice calls, SMS, or other means) with information about our products and services
- Analyse and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including identification of when emails we have sent to you have been received and read)
- Analyse trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Sites, including mobile applications to our Sites
- Protect against fraud, unauthorised transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, for example by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorised users.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies, including as is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (including subpoenas, search warrants, court orders) and law enforcement instructions and orders.
4.) Disclosure of Personal Data
BoatAssist™ takes reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, this Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following third parties, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore:
- To any trusted third party, who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, as long as those parties agree to keep this as confidential information
- Anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties
- Relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any laws or rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority; and
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data
- When we have believe in good faith that, disclosing any information is necessary toprotect the rights or property of BoatAssist™, including enforcing the “Terms and Conditions” and other policies which govern the use of our services
- When we have believe in good faith that, disclosing any information is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce the Website’s Terms and Conditions of Use or other agreements or policies.
We may also disclose your personal information In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. But we do not sell trade, rent or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to any third parties.
- To improve your user experience on this website;
- To remember your preferences;
- To help us understand how this website is performing;
- To monitor traffic to the website;
- To enable this website to function properly.
6). Links to Third-Party Sites
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties, such as our business partners. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by third parties that are linked to our website. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of such third party websites.
Once you have left our website, you should check the applicable terms, conditions and policies of the third party website to determine how they will handle any information they collect from you.
7). Linking or Use of Social Network:
The website of BoatAssist™mayuse social media “plug‐in” tools from platformslike Facebook, Google, etc. The tool mayallow an automatic registration and a direct connection with those Social Networks servers through your browser and the registration information will be transferred to us by those Social Networks.
By disconnecting your profile from those social networks, information we collected those social network platform, won’t be available on your profile. To prevent Social Network’s permanent access to your data, you can block the “plug‐in” functionality on your browser.
8). Withdrawal, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control by submitting your request to the Contact Us form on our website.
We will process your request within a reasonable time from such a request for withdrawal of consent being made, and will thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data in the manner stated in your request.
Depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal data, it may mean that we will not be able to continue with your existing relationship with us.
9). Updates to Data Protection Policy
As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your personal data, we will be reviewing and amending our policies, procedures and processes from time to time. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon posting, unless otherwise indicated. You are encouraged to visit the above website from time to time to ensure that you are well informed of our latest policies in relation to personal data protection.BoatAssist™assures that such changes would not lessen the protection promised to you for securing your privacy. Your continued use of the services after such changes are posted will be deemed to constitute your agreement to and acceptance of such changes.
We take all reasonable and necessary steps to protect the information provided by you from unauthorised access. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us. Employees and/ or any person dealing with your information are obliged to maintain confidentiality. We also using usesSSL CERTIFICATE security system for ensure and protect the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we are not in a position to guarantee the absolute security of your information. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can submit us an email on [email protected] or you can contact us through the Contact Us tab provided at the top of our website.
12). Anti-Spam Policy
We hate spam or junk e-mail (unsolicited commercial e-mail).We endorse and comply with the requirements of The Spam Control Act, 2007of Singaporein regards to unsolicited commercial e-mails. If you subscribe or are connected with BoatAssist™,it will always be an option to unsubscribe or close your account.
13). Children policy
If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child under the age of 18 has submitted his or her personally identifiable information without your permission or consent, we will remove the information from our active list, at your request.
14). Merger and Acquisition
In case of change in ownership of our business through any viable means like a merger, an acquisition, takeover, or any similar event, your personal information may also be transferred to the new owner. The rights and obligations with respect to your personal information shall also be transferred to the new owner.
15). Your Acceptance of This Policy:
16). Contact Details
BASCO BOATASSIST Pte. Ltd.
21 Bukit Batok Crescent #15-75 Wcega Tower
Email us at: [email protected]
Phone number + 65 91554060